Pictured above: Franco Poi, business freshman, prepares to serve the ball to start the rally. (Hanna House/Staff Photographer)
Both the men’s and women’s teams performed well at the Tiger-Jinx Invitational. Some of the key wins for the women’s team were:
- Morgan Hughes, biology junior, over a Tabor opponent (6-3, 6-2).
- Taylor Crawford, biology freshman, over a Tabor opponent (6-2, 6-0).
- Mihaela Evans, biology sophomore, defeated a Friends opponent (6-2, 6-2).
- Crawford and Madison Adams, biology freshman, dominated doubles winning over their Bethel opponent (6-2, 6-1).
Some of the key wins for the men’s team were:
- Braden Baker, history senior, over a Friends opponent (6-3, 6-3).
- Franco Poi, business freshman, over a Friends opponent (8-0).
- Mitchell Hewitt, athletic training freshman, over a Bethel opponent (8-5).
- Brian Vancuren, business junior, and Pete Farmer, business freshman, won the doubles division (6-4, 6-4).
Next, the Builder Tennis teams travel to a three day tournament Sept. 16-18 in Topeka.
Hanna House is a senior majoring in communication. You may email her at email@example.com.